Now on to the photo tutorial! If you'd like to follow along, I'm using worsted weight yarn and a size H (5.0mm) crochet hook.
Begin by chaining an odd number of stitches. I chained 31, but any odd number will work.
The next star will be built off of the first star. This is where stitch placement really matters, so be sure to pay close attention to where you're inserting your hook. Insert your hook into the eye of the star you just created (again, indicated by the arrow), and pull up a loop.
Row 2: We'll start with Option A.
Ch 2. Work 2 hdc into the eye of the first star from the previous row.
Ch 2. Work 1 hdc into the first st.
Row 3: Ch 3
- Star Stitch Cuff by B.Hooked Crochet
- Star Stitch Earflap Hat by All Free Crochet
- Star Stitch Crochet Headband by Loopingly Made (Thanks to Rose for suggesting this pattern!)
- Star Stitch Mittens by Kath Webber
- Star Stitch Boot Cuffs by I Like Crochet
- Star Stitch Cup Cozy by All About Ami
I hope that you enjoyed this spotlight! If you have more questions about the tutorial or have any tips you want to share, you can reach me in the comments section below or on social media. And be sure to keep an eye out for my upcoming star stitch patterns. Happy hooking!